Thursday, April 2, 2009

The kids!






my goat is Peanut, he is the blond one on the left. ricks goat is Roland on the right. they are about 15 inches tall and weigh about 8-10 lbsroland is just under one month old, and peanut is 3 weeks, they drink milk from a soda bottle with a tiney goat nipple, but this morning they drank from a bucket.




my little peanut, he is so cute and snuggly, they sleep in a calf hutch but we let them "free range" during the day or when we are working with the calves.





Roland is a bit of a handful, since he is older than peanut his teeth are bigger and sometimes he bites, but not in a evil goat way just looking for a nipple way, glad im not a nanny goat. ouch!
So this is it for the goats for today, they are so fun, they act like the dog, jump right on you, yesterday they were both in the little truck with me and rick, yes the s10 is still going but is lacking in the break department, apparently its the master cylinder, but shes still goin..






2 comments:

Ruth said...

Ohh they must be sooo much fun! I wanted to get some more baby goats, but Brad just went and got 2 more grown ones, so at 5 we probably have enouph. What do you all do with the goats? How many do you have?? It is fun to follow you blog and the excitement on the farm. Sorry I don't write more often. I loved the mention awhile ago about the horse blankets we made in 4-H. Of course I remember! Maybe I will name one our new goats Chester too, I always loved that name. Take care!

JG said...

I'm so jealous you guys have goats! I want a goat! They look soooo cute